Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Growing Up In East Oakland (MURDERZ)

I'm being rasied in East Oakland. It's hard having to live out here but we learn things that we wouldn't in other places. We go through a lot of problems with family and friends but I think that all the bad things just help us grow stronger mentally. I live in The Murderz since I moved here from Mexico which was 10 years ago. I'm proud of staying right here. It's hard to stay out of gangs when your surrounded by them and some of your friends are in them. There's a lot of pressure but i have been able to stay out of them and do good in school. I want a good future because I don't want to end up locked up or killed. Even though I do good in school and I want to go to college it doesn't mean that I have to leave any homegurls or homeboys behind. Only because they're gangsta's it doesn't make them any different from us and most of them just need love and someone to care for them. If they're there for me when I have problems then I'm going to be there for them when things go wrong too. They have tought me a lot about life and not only gangsta's but friends that aren't in gangs too. What I always say is that we just always got to keep our head up, if you give respect you will get respect, and what goes around comes around!

8 comments:

LaUrA said...

Hey!. I feel you when you talk about how gang members are like all people and that they just need some love is the life style they live in that make them do what they do. You know what to say =]

Alex Ak said...

I know how it is to be around gang members that are really close to you. People just seek protection because they can't get it from there parents or because they lost a loved one so Vanessa I fell what you say about all that stuff.
Alejandro

Sweetvi3tgrl said...

hi.. i agree with everything that you wrote. I bet it is hard having to deal with and you're doing a pretty good job since you're not into that stuff and thinking about your future instead. =]

vane said...

hi! I understand what your saying and i think that the gang members should be treat them the same because there normal people like we are. They join gangs because probably they need love and and want other people to care for them, but they have to learn that's not the only way out to their problems.

Dora said...

HI..I like how you talk about what you think about oakland and the gang members and how you want to keep going in life without leaving your friends behind.

babycheeks said...

i think you're right..we do learn a lot of things here in Oakland that we wouldn't learn anywhere else.

- ale =)

Ralo said...

u surrounded by gangs rite here but wen u go to da deep theres hela drugs every street u go to u gota see a nock ether askin for money or smokin they crack

Chorecita said...

we are sorrounded by alot of negativity here in Oakland, but we need to do whatever we can to not get absorbed into the same things. is true gangmembers are just like people too, but they are killing others who are just people too! so what bang for??

-ChOrE♥