Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My experience in Chinatown

Before I went to Chinatown I thought that there wasn't going to be a lot of people in the streets or thet stores because I had never went to Chinatown. I thought that there wasn't going to be a lot of people to interview. My perception of Chinatown did change because there was a lot of people that were around. There was a lot of people to interview but most of them didn't want to get interviewed. A lot of the people were bussy but some store owners would say they were bussy when they had no customers in the stores. One difference between Chinatown and Fruitvale was that in Chinatown there was a lot fo Asians and in Fruitvale there was mostly Latinos and there was more diversity. Another difference was that in Chinatown there was only Asian restaurants and in Fruitvale there is all types of different food. It was also easier to interview people in Fruitvale because we didn't get a lot of rejections. What surprised me about Chinatown was that people weren't looking at us weird except sometimes when we asked to interview them like a jewlery store owner who looked at us like we were going to rob her or something. One similarity between Chinatown and Fruitvale was that in both there was a lot of people and there was a lot of noise around.

No comments: