Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fruitvale

I think that it was easier to interview people in Fruitvale than in Walnut Creek. In Walnut Creek some people were nice but I felt weird because am not used to being around people like that and we didn’t know how they were going to react. I think that people in Fruitvale felt more comfortable being interviewed, maybe because they were mostly Latinos. Something new that I learned was that there was a lot more restaurants in Fruitvale then I thought there was because before I hadn’t paid that much attention. What I learned about the people was that they had respect for us and there community. I also learned that most of the people admitted that it’s not safe but they still like working there and they just make sure to take some precautions to be safe like closing early. One positive thing that I learned and liked about Fruitvale was that even though most of the people are Latinos there are a lot of restaurants that sell different types of food. Another thing that I liked was that there are a lot of different shops that sell very different things. I think that one negative thing is that people have to close their business early because it gets dangerous like after six. Another negative thing is that it is not very clean. What I learned of my topic about food was that in Fruitvale there is mostly every type of food except thai food which I think is good that they have a variety of food for everyone.

No comments: